Turf Installation in Perth's Northern Suburbs
Installing a warm season grass correctly helps keep your home cool and saves time on watering and maintenance. The following lawns and well suited for the Western Australia warm conditions.
There are many varieties of turf, but these are the most popular. If you would like to see samples of our work then please call and we will suggest some places you can drive by and check out. The photos below are of actual jobs we have done. If you have any enquiries on other turf varieties we will be happy to talk to you about them.
Did you know our air is cleansed by plants through the process of photosynthesis. Green plants take in carbon dioxide and water and use the energy from sunlight in photosynthesis, which produces carbohydrates for the plant to live off of and releases the true breath of life ... pure oxygen.
A turf area 15m x 15 produces enough oxygen to meet the everyday needs of a family of four. Each acre of grass produces enough oxygen for 64 people a day.
This is a fine couch lawn and does well in sunny areas requiring a minimum 4-5 hours of direct sunlight daily. This turf is soft leaf and non-irritant, with moderate maintenance required. Wintergreen responds well to fertilisers and becomes green quickly. This turf also has an excellent recuperative rate for wear and tear.
Couch grasses should ideally be mown every 10-14 days during summer at a height 10-12mm. In winter it should be mown every 3-5 weeks raising the mowing height to about 12-16mm
It costs between $13.00/sqm – $20.00/sqm + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST.
We recommend Sir Walter Buffalo or Palmetto as both are moderate to good wearing. Recuperative, self-repairing and become green quickly. They cope well with shade requiring 2-4 hours of direct sunlight daily.
Buffalo leaf turf should ideally be mown every 7-10 days during summer and every 3-5 weeks in winter. Year round the cutting height should be maintained between 15-20mm
Costs range between $17.00/sqm – $22 + delivery (usually around $100) supplied and laid + GST.
This is the lawn they are calling the lawn of the future. A newer turf variety which is also very popular because of its drought tolerance, adaptability and low water usage. It has excellent resistance to weeds, pests and diseases and requires a low frequency of mowing.
Empire Zoysia should be mown every 14-21 days in summer and 3-5 weeks in winter, like buffalo grasses the mowing height should be maintained between 15-20mm all year round.
Costs range between $17.00/sqm to $22.00 + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST.
In turf laying we assume the following :
- the ground has been prepared and is approx 20ml below desired finish height for Wintergreen and 40ml for Buffalo turfs.
- the soil has been levelled and raked free of rocks and debris for best growth.
- any soil conditioner has already been added ( However we are able to supply and spread this if not done).
*If not completed we can quote on these works.
When we come we will:
- screed the area to get the soil smooth and level
- spread the dynamic lifter (lawn starter), and wet the area activating the fertiliser
- lay the chosen turf
- compact the lawn to start root growth
- sweep the area and clean up
- give you written instructions on how to maintain your new lawn
- call the Water Corporation and organise your watering exemption.
- We will also set your control box for the correct watering times to start off the healthy growth of your new lawn.
*The excess turf and wastes will be left on your block to dispose of.
We can also:
- remove excess dirt ($200.00/trailer load + GST).
- supply and spread soil conditioner ($180.00/trailer load + GST).
- remove all wastes – price depends on volume but usually $100.00 + GST covers it.
All turf is guaranteed to be supplied in top condition and laid according to best practice, however Mr. Retic cannot be responsible for the ongoing health of the turf. Adequate watering / weeding / mowing / fertilizing will all ensure the turf will remain healthy.