On our website we try to give you as accurate an estimate as possible so that you won’t get any surprises down the track.
Reticulation / Irrigation
Installations: Are always on a location by Location inspection and design, but the following “set up costs” can be expected:
- Retic cut with non-return and check valves by licensed waterwise plumber $220.00 + GST
- Hardwiring of controller by a Licenced Electrician $170.00 + GST
- Electronic Controller $200.00-$550.00 + GST (depending on what Reticulation Controller is chosen)
To give you an idea of what to expect for installing a new reticulation system. The best guess estimate for a 4 x 2 home on a 600m block with 5 or 6 stations is usually around $3400.00 + GST.
For a front irrigation installation on this size of a home would be around $2100.00 + GST and therefore a rear installation would typically be around $1300.00 + GST.
We always try to compete on price so feel free to let us know your best quote, and we will do our best to try and beat or match it.
Irrigation Service Work/ Retic Repairs: $80.00 for the first quarter hour and then $20.00./quarter hour after that (plus any parts used) + GST.
Some typical costs:
- New Replacement Station Solenoid $130-$200
- New Master Valve $150-$250
- Minor Reticulation service $130
- New Control Box Installation and Programming $350-$550
- Solenoid Detection and Location Finding $150.00-$300
There are many varieties of turf, but these are the most popular:
Is a fine leaf couch lawn and requires 5+ hours a day of direct sun light to preform well.
It costs between $13.00/sqm – $20.00/sqm + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST.
Both Sir Walter and Palmetto are great thicker leaf Buffalo lawns that look great all year round.
Costs range between $17.00/sqm – $22.00 + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST.
This is the turf they are calling the turf of the future - it is very popular at the moment, because of it low allergies and water efficiency. Also because of its ability to thrive in our WA climate. Its resistance to sea water makes it a great option for the coastal properties.
Costs range between $17.00/sqm to $22.00sqm + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST.
In turf laying we assume the following:
- the ground has been prepared and is approx 20ml below desired finish height for Wintergreen and 40ml for Buffalo turfs.
- the soil has been levelled and raked free of rocks and debris for best growth.
- any soil conditioner has already been added ( However we are able to supply and spread this if not done).
*If not completed we can quote on these works.
When we come we will:
- screed the area to get the soil smooth and level
- spread the dynamic lifter (lawn starter), and wet the area activating the fertiliser
- lay the chosen turf
- compact the lawn to start root growth
- sweep the area and clean up
- give you written instructions on how to maintain your new lawn
The excess turf and wastes will be left on your block to dispose of.
We can also:
– remove excess dirt ($200.00/trailer load + GST).
– supply and spread soil conditioner ($180.00/trailer load + GST).
– remove all wastes – price depends on volume but usually $100.00 + GST covers it.
All turf is guaranteed to be supplied in top condition and laid according to best practice, however Mr. Retic cannot be responsible for the ongoing health of the turf. Adequate watering / weeding / mowing / fertilizing will all ensure the turf will remain healthy.